Tuesday, February 15, 2005 6:16 PM
XSD2DB is a command line tool written in C#, that will read a Microsoft ADO.NET compatible DataSet Schema File (XSD) and generate a database.
this project was originaly started by Alexis Smirnov, and in 2003 released under a BSD license.
- Generate databases from Microsoft ADO.NET compatible DataSet Schema Files (XSD)
- Supports relations, primary keys, blob fields, memo fields
XSD2DB version 0.1
Currently supported databases:
- Microsoft SQL Server and MSDE
- OleDB Compatible database (very limited)
xsd2db.exe -f -l myserver -n databasename -s schemafile -t
xsd2db.exe -f -l 127.0.0.1\NETSDK -n xsd2db -s c:\projects\datasets\dsCustomer.xsd -t
- help (-h)
- Display usage instructions
- force (-f)
- drop the database if it exists.
- location (-l)
The type of database to connect to (servername). When SQL Server is used, the connection is created using Windows Authentication, SQL Authentication is not supported yet.
- name (-n)
- the name of the database to be created [version 0.1 does support using an existing database]
- schema (-s)
The the XSD file containing the schema
- type (-t)
The type of database to connect to [ Jet | Sql | OleDb ]
- tableprefix (-p)
- This is a prefix added to each table
- dbowner (-o)
- prefix added to each table. This parameter is ignored if a database other than SQL Server is used.
2005-02-15 version 0.2 released
- Added Support for table prefixes
- Added Support using an existing database (Only tested in SQL Server)
- Project solution and projects converted to Visual Studio.NET 2003
2003-05-23 version 0.1 released
- Update tests to recent NUnit version
- Output the generated SQL Script to a file instead of generating a database directly
- Use a connection string to connect to databases
not planned (yet):
All contributions, including bugfixes, bugreports, additions, suggestions and hatemail :-) are welcome.
If you have a one-time contribution, please discuss it in the Forums [...], or send your modified files to [wiebe att netindustry dott nl].
If you plan on making regular contributions, please contact Alexis Smirnov to be added to the developers list.